I don't recommend taking on two pups from the same litter and typically am not willing to sell two pups to any one person, but Michael and Mary's situation is somewhat unique. When we first spoke, they did in fact want two pups; one for themselves and one for their sons. At the risk of loosing two sales which I've done in the past; whether they chose to get their pups from me or from another breeder... I wanted to discuss my reason and rational behind my decision. That's were the uniqueness of their situation came into play. Their pups, while having a good bit of time to hang together will actually be residing in two separate households. Under those conditions I like the idea and would have been willing to accept the arrangement as a good one.... At the time though, we were down to having only one pup available from the current litter. In the end, anxious to get started with at least one pup, they decided to place claim on her and wait for a pup from Lexi's litter to complete their family of Dobes.
So, again things happen for a reason... Two months ago, we decided on the best solution at the time. But a better situation has presented itself. In Brian's absence, it turns out Maroon and Pink will have the opportunity to grow up together; at least to some degree. They'll have a blast playing together as pups enjoying each others company on weekends and holidays. But.... they'll also have the alone time they need to avoid the chance of developing an overly strong bond with each other which is referred to as "litter mate syndrome". Appointments for post and tape can likely be combined and finding a dog sitter in the event one is needed from time to time should be a breeze!
And on the home front, not keeping a pup from the litter gives me more time with Remedy, who in the whole scheme of things is still just a babe herself! At the end of the day, life is good and all is once again well here at GMBD's! :-)
Next up: the boys! Adam will be here with his kids early Wednesday to get the selection process started once again. Then Daniel will both select and collect his pup on on the 6th around noon and I'm waiting to hear back from Corey and Caitlyn regarding when they would like to pick up their boy. I've nearly narrowed down which pups will be cropped on which day and will post that information as soon as I hear from everyone regarding preference for pick up.